Report highways issues
You can report faulty streetlights, blocked drains, potholes and much more. Simply download the Love Clean Streets app on the App store or Google Play Store on your mobile phone or tablet then set Lancashire County Council as your home authority.
For local Police updates register your email at neighbourhoodalert.co.uk
To report a location where speeding is causing concern please complete the form online for a Speed Concern at Lancashire Road Safety Partnership. Please complete the form with as much detail as possible.
View planning applications
The Pendle Borough Council Planning system provides information and documents on planning applications relating to the Pendleside villages. You can see a round up of all the planning applications submitted on a weekly or monthly basis by clicking here (filter by the ‘Parish’ dropdown); or if you want to search by keyword, reference number, postcode or single line of an address (or more advanced options) please click here.
Please send any articles or event listings to Simon by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for contributions is the 25th of each month, with the new edition released online and by email on the 1st.
Barley with Wheatley Booth
Parish Council meetings are held at 7.30pm at Barley Village Hall on the second Wednesday of each month
- Parish Council Chair: Derek Heap – 01282 692264 / Email →
- Parish Council Clerk: Caroline Heap – Email →
Goldshaw Booth: Newchurch, Sabden Fold & Spenbrook
Parish Council meetings are held at 7.15pm at Barley Village Hall on the first Thursday of each month
Parish Council meetings are held at 7pm at Roughlee Village Centre on the first Monday of each month
- Parish Council Chair: Martin Schofield – Email →
- Parish Council Clerk: Mary Reed – 01282 611126 / Email →
- Village Centre Chair: Glen Watson – 07849 774438 / Email →
MP & Councillors
- MP for Pendle: Andrew Stephenson – 01282 614748 / Email →
- Pendle Borough Councillor: David Gallear – Email →
- Lancashire County Councillor: Howard Hartley – 07733 387587 / Email →