Parish News has been the official local newsletter for the Pendle villages of Barley, Newchurch, Roughlee, Sabden Fold and Spenbrook for over 20 years. Produced monthly, it is a unique partnership between the three parish councils (Barley, Goldshaw Booth and Roughlee), St Mary’s Church, two village halls (Barley Village Hall and Roughlee Village Centre), two schools (St Mary’s and Roughlee Primary) and many different local community groups.
New editions are released on the 1st of each month, and the content deadline is the 25th of the month. If you have any articles or event listings please send them to Simon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 25th.
2023 Parish News editions
Older Parish News editions
Prior to 2023, the Parish News was produced in a printed booklet format. These can be viewed as pdf files and downloaded below (each file opens in a new tab):
- 2022: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec
- 2021: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec & Jan
- 2020: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec & Jan
- 2019: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Dec & Jan
- 2018: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec & Jan
- 2017: Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Dec & Jan
Please note that older editions will also be added to this archive throughout 2023.
There is something very special about the Pendle Hill area. Its breathtaking natural beauty has always been home to interesting individuals, past and present.
Created with support from the Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership, between 2018 and 2021 Pendlefolk assembled a team of local volunteers to shine a light on some of them.
The Parish News website is now hosting the archives from this project, featuring 12 interviews from around Pendle Hill. From mavericks to volunteer rangers, Malkin Tower to the Old Parsonage, reservoirs and summit stones to sculpture trails… and more!
View the full Pendlefolk archive here →