Goldshaw Booth Parish Council
#CommunityMatters - Coronation Big Lunch, BKV, Spenbrook Mill...
A resident recently commented that we ‘never see anyone in Winter’ and that she was looking forward to the warmer, lighter months and to chatting with people around the parish again… On this I think we can all agree!
We can look forward to spending more time outside and as we start making plans for the parish; the gardens, woodland and park, and the annual Community events, the PC are mindful to provide for the needs of as many people as possible. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas (either through the Facebook group, by chatting or by coming along to a Parish Council meeting) and to meeting up soon.
Of course, this year we are celebrating the King’s Coronation and we are looking at joining The Coronation Big Lunch on Sunday May 7th. If you fancy tea, cake, sandwiches and/or a BBQ and ‘Bring Your Own Booze’ on the park let us know! Maybe you’d like to see family games, a bonfire and music? Do you bake a mean Victoria Sponge? Do a fab chilli? Or play an instrument? Whichever way things go I feel sure there will be bunting and balloons a plenty and we’d love to see you all there!
It’s Best Kept Village competition time! Results show that we are improving year on year but we need YOU! Planting, painting, polishing… whatever your forte all help is welcome.
Security alert! There have been incidents of theft and attempted theft in the Parish in recent weeks. Please pay attention to the security of your outside buildings.
After weeks of pursuing the developers of Spenbrook Mill, Spenbrook Road has undergone some temporary repairs. The road is safer for the time being but, as with all issues please do let us know if action is required.
This coming May will see council elections, including parish councils. There are 7 seats on Goldshaw Booth Parish Council. If you feel inspired to contribute to your Community please do feel free to pop along to the next Parish Council meeting (see below) to learn more about what we do and how this whole thing works!
- Upcoming Parish Council Meetings: Thursday 2nd March 2023 & Thursday 6th April – 7.15pm, Barley Village Hall
- Copies of Meeting Agendas & Minutes from Previous Meetings (etc.) at www.goldshawbooth.org.uk
- Goldshaw Booth Parish Council Facebook page
- APPLICATION: 23/0089/TCA – 11 Osborne Terrace, Newchurch-in-Pendle – Pruning of all trees to front of the property to reduce the risk of further wind damage. Removal of 3 trees. Felling of 1 tree to rear of property due to increasing lean towards the house.
- A link for further details of any planning applications can be found here: www.goldshawbooth.org.uk