God Save The King!
It’s only a matter of weeks until the Coronation celebrations for King Charles III. What are you up to?
Goldshaw Booth Parish presents the Coronation Picnic on the Park, 7th May at 12noon…. For more details see Cllr. Anthony Dawson’s article below and Chloe’s fab poster. Just bring your own picnic!
The Coronation Picnic takes place on Newchurch park – the perfect event to celebrate the new park facilities; King Charles III Pavilion, Castle climbing frame / slide play unit, refurbished swings, magic toadstools and the Access-4-All pathway – all funded by the Section 106 (Open Spaces) fund as part of the planning permission agreement for the Spenbrook Mill Development – plus a new garden area in Spenbrook and, of course, the Sparable Lane steps. Well done to all who contributed to these projects and to the residents who expressed their preferences for spending on the Residents Questionnaire in 2018.
Speaking of Community, April will see us gearing up for the Best Kept Village competition. Grab your trowels and paint brushes and let’s go! Whatever your forte all help is welcome. Community gardening and painting days will be announced on the Goldshaw Booth Parish Council FaceBook page (details below)
And remember, this coming May will see council elections, including parish councils. Thank you for your interest in the work of the PC so far, it’s wonderful to see new residents wanting to get involved!
- Upcoming Parish Council Meetings: Thursday 6th April – 7.15pm, Barley Village Hall
- Copies of Meeting Agendas & Minutes from Previous Meetings (etc.) at www.goldshawbooth.org.uk
- Goldshaw Booth Parish Council Facebook page
- APPLICATION: 23/0130/TCA – 3 Green Top, Sabden Fold – Works to a tree in Sabden Fold Conservation Area.
- A link for further details of any planning applications can be found here: www.goldshawbooth.org.uk